What should I do when my Appleton home alarm system goes off?
Your home security system protects your home – and your loved ones – against the various risks you may encounter, like burglary, fire, and flooding. Despite the fact that your home may be ready, that doesn’t necessarily mean you are. Do you understand what to do if your Appleton home alarm system goes off? The sound of an alarm is likely to be jarring, confusing, and could provoke panic. Your best choice is to stay level-headed and follow these straightforward suggestions.
Actions to Take Whenever Your Home Alarm System In Appleton Triggers
Nobody wants to be in this predicament, but it’s also the reason why you installed a home alarm system from the outset. You’re woken up in the middle of the night with the telltale sounding of an alarm after a home security component has been tripped. What should you do?
- Stay calm. This is easy to say but harder to do when your home security alarm is blaring, and your heart is pounding. But keeping a cool head is the best way to appraise what’s going on. Avoid the temptation of trying to handle the emergency yourself but instead allow your monitoring professionals and first responders to carry out their job.
- Protect your family. Your main focus should be your family members and getting them out of danger. In the event of a intrusion, this might include going to a designated safe zone as far away from points of entry as possible. The trespasser was in all likelihood already turned away by the alarm, but it’s always a good idea to be extra cautious. If there’s smoke or flames, you need to leave your residence immediately.
- Grab your smartphone. The vast majority of individuals keep their cell phones with them all the time these days, but you may neglect to grab it during an emergency. It’s a good thing to have. You’ll have the opportunity to stay in touch with your monitoring professionals and obtain updates through your home security app.
Work With Your Round-the-clock Monitoring Agents
Whenever your home alarm system in Appleton goes off, your 24/7 monitoring specialists will spring to action. Their first step is to confirm your alarm, and that means getting in contact with you. The guideline they abide by is based on the kind of emergency. To illustrate, if the emergency is of a medical nature, a single effort will be made to contact you before first responders are sent out. In the event of a break-in - the most typical kind of event - a monitoring professional will adhere to these guidelines to get in touch with you:
- An effort will be made to contact you via the command hub. You will typically be requested to provide a passcode.
- If that attempt doesn’t prompt a reply, a call is attempted to your primary contact number.
- A secondary number or first emergency contact is called next.
- If there still isn’t an answer, nearby law enforcement officers are dispatched.
- Your monitoring professionals will attempt to reach you again once emergency personnel are contacted.
If you're not able to converse with monitoring agents, don't worry. Support will still be dispatched even when you're not available to verify the emergency.
Prepare for any emergency with a Vivint home alarm system in Appleton
Stay ready for any emergency with a modern home alarm system in Appleton from Vivint. Dial (920) 259-2449 to begin designing your property’s protection today.