Ways to cut down on false alarms in Appleton
False alarms may become a real issue for a home security system. They're not only a pain to resolve, but they might even erode the confidence you have in your alarms. Fortunately, you may do a number of things to lessen the frequency of false alarms from your Appleton sensors and alarms.
To begin, be sure that all components are set up as intended. This might seem like a no-brainer, but it’s often the case that simple user errors trigger false alarms. Next, check out possible causes of false alarms, such as a back door that may be kept open inadvertently. And finally, don't hesitate to use the many tools like setting automation schedules to cut down on false alarms in Appleton.
Is it really that straightforward? Keep reading to discover for yourself.
Many false alarms in Appleton could be averted
Just like you would address any problem, the best course of action is to read the guidebook. Be certain that all devices are installed properly from your perspective by:
- Executing a diagnostic via your smart hub touchscreen.
- Visually evaluate each component to make sure it didn't become dislodged or need a battery change.
- Look over your preset schedules to make sure that your system isn’t arming at inappropriate times.
- Be certain that all integrated smart devices are installed properly and aren't conflicting with your home’s alarm.
Contact your Vivint agent if you are still having trouble cutting down false alarms in your Appleton home. They'll gladly send out a trained expert to examine your setup.
Check your doors and windows
When your installation appears to be alright, the subsequent step is to do a sweep of your property. Are all your entries shut tight, or might there be a few mistakenly cracked? If an entrance stays open, it could activate a motion sensor. If your household constantly forgets to shut an entrance, you could implement a smart locking mechanism that locks automatically when your home security goes live. Sadly, windows need extra physical effort, particularly if you have someone who enjoys to fall asleep with a window cracked. Thankfully, your Vivint installation makes it a breeze to disengage that sensor while protecting the remainder of the property.
Automation is a smart way to cut down on false alarms in Appleton
One of the best techniques to lessen the probability of false alarms is to incorporate home automation into your home security system. With your Vivint app, have the ability to:
- Program a schedule to disarm when you are home and avert false alarms caused by mistakenly unlatching doors or windows. Then have your alarm system reactivate automatically again at night as you start your bedtime routine.
- Program the alarm to disengage when your smart front door lock is initiated with the right number combination.
- Set geotracking to arm your system as you leave the property, then disarm when you come back to the house.
- Get mobile alerts when your devices sense uncommon motion or have need of a new battery.
- Link your equipment to Alexa or Google Home, so you may disarm and arm your system without the smartphone app or your touchscreen.
Cut down on false alarms in Appleton with a Vivint smart home installation
Increased control over your alarm system equates to fewer chances of false alarms. To build your Vivint security package, reach out to (920) 259-2449 or submit the following form.