How to use the Vivint Smart Hub in your Appleton smart home
At the core of your home security, the Vivint Smart Hub connects your cameras, locks, thermostats, and security sensors into one unified system. This easy-to-use, 7-inch color touch-enabled panel places you in full charge of your Appleton home’s security and automation. See how it can benefit you and check out recommendations to get you started.
How can you use the Vivint Smart Hub in Appleton?
Connecting wirelessly to devices via radio wave transmissions and the Z-wave communications protocol, the Vivint Smart Hub is the central command interface for your property. You can arm your system, program lights, change thermostat settings, and more. If integrating a doorbell camera, you can even speak to someone at your front door. The Vivint Smart Hub features a backup battery and built-in cellular connectivity to ensure reliable performance. It also provides convenient remote operation with the Vivint smartphone app.
Here’s an idea of the tasks you can carry out:
- Review current or recorded video streams from any connected surveillance cameras
- Disarm or arm your home security
- Toggle lights on or off
- Operate your garage door
- Adjust your home comfort settings
- Speak directly to your monitoring center
You can do even more with your Vivint Smart Hub in Appleton by setting schedules or initiating preferences. To illustrate, you could have your smart thermostat automatically adjust each night at a certain time. Or, you can add preferences like having your front door unlock if the fire alarm goes off.
Tips for arming and disarming your home’s security
Before you get into all the terrific things your Vivint Smart Hub can accomplish, you’ll have to know how to arm and disarm your system. It’s simple - just abide by these steps:
- Touch the shield icon on the main screen and slide to the left for “Stay” and right for “Away.”
- Stay signifies you will still be present in your house and arms everything excluding interior doors and motion detectors.
- Away means you will be gone, and each sensor in the home will arm.
- To disarm, just swipe down on the shield icon and input your PIN.
The home screen will post a warning if the system isn’t able to arm. To illustrate, an open window will cue you to act. It’s worth noting that you may still arm your home’s security by following the above steps. You will then need to verify you wish to ignore the sensor that isn’t ready.
How to add or remove users to your Vivint Smart Hub in Appleton
Although various users can be set up when your system is installed, you will likely want to add another user in the future. Here are steps to do so.
- Touch the menu icon (three dots) near the bottom right corner of the home screen.
- Tap “Users” and enter your PIN.
- Select “Add new user” toward the bottom.
- Select “Name,” type in the user’s name, and tap the Next button.
- If you would like to provide the user remote capability, select phone or email and enter the details to send an request.
- Choose Next and then establish a PIN for the new user.
- To remove a user, just navigate to the menu, press users, select the user you want to delete, and then select “Delete User.”
Secure and automate your home with Vivint
Are you ready to take control of your home’s automation and security through an easy-to-use touchscreen dashboard? You’ll love the Vivint Smart Hub and your new Appleton home security system. Call (920) 259-2449 to speak with a helpful Vivint agent.