Daily deliveries have become standard for numerous homeowners due to the rise of online shopping. You love the convenience of having items dropped at your door, but there is a drawback. Those boxes sitting in plain sight are temptations to potential burglars. Porch piracy has become a significant issue, but you have the chance to do something about it by getting a doorbell camera with your home security system. These devices are effective tools to combat package theft, but they do so much more.
Take a minute to find out how they work and why they’re sure to come to be an integral facet of your smart home.
Advantages of a Appleton video doorbell
Available in wired and wireless options, video doorbells offer a great number of advanced features, and the technology continues to improve. You are now able to set up detection zones, speak to whoever’s on your porch, and obtain instant updates whenever something is delivered.
The easiest way to understand how a Appleton video doorbell camera works is to delve into the many perks it offers. Take a look at these features:
- Active deterrents: You can’t find this on every model, but there are several smart video doorbells that are proactive in discouraging burglary with visual and audible warnings. This is a great way to let thieves know someone is watching.
- Wide angle camera view: You deserve to see the total picture, and that consists of the faces of visitors at your door and packages on the surface below. Options with superior 180-degree field of vision provide a comprehensive perspective.
- High-resolution images any time of day: If you don’t have images that are easy to see, what’s the benefit of getting a doorbell camera? Top models will provide exceptional night vision and high dynamic range (HDR) resolution.
- Package delivery notifications: Would you appreciate knowing when a package arrives? You can enjoy automatic updates from video doorbells capable of differentiating between individuals and boxes.
- Talk to the visitor at your door: Is a person waiting at your main entry? Bi-directional audio allows you to find out what they want. You might even use this beneficial feature to frighten off people hanging around your entrance.
- Cut down on false alarms: Advanced doorbell cameras will even give you the opportunity to customize detection zones. Restricting the area to be viewed will allow you to reduce false alarms triggered by pets or pedestrians.
- Convenient video access: A video doorbell incorporated into your smart home provides you the opportunity to access real-time and saved video right from your cell phone security app.
Video doorbells keep you linked to your home like you’ve never been before, as you may interact with them from the palm of your hand, regardless of your location. They’ll inform you when a visitor arrives, provide visuals of what’s going on, and even allow you to communicate with the person at your door. These components have become must-haves in terms of security and convenience.